Type: FET input + vacuum tube output hybrid DC amplification driver unit
Vacuum tube: 6SN7 x2
Frequency response: DC – 100kHz (with one SR-009S)
Harmonic distortion: 0.01% or less (1kHz/100Vrms output)
Input impedance: 50kΩ (RCA), 50kΩx 2 (XLR)
Maximum output voltage: 340Vrms (1kHz)
Bias voltage: PRO 580V
Operating temperature / humidity: 0 to 35 degrees C / less than 90% (non condensing)
Input terminal: RCA x 1, XLR x 1
Output: RCA parallel output terminal
Power consumption: 54W
Dimension: 240 W x 103 H x 393 D mm (maximum protruding portion included)
The newly designed SRM-700T is a hybrid electrostatic headphone driver. Inspired by the flagship model SRM-T8000, the 700T uses solid-state FET as a driver stage and vacuum tube as the output stage.
The first stage is a custom-made low-noise dual FET while the second stage is clear and high slew-rate vacuum tube 6SN7. The tube output offers warm and spacious music reproduction.
- 6SN7 realizes a highly transparent sound
- Non-inductive winding resistors with the least inductance
- Hand selected matching FET
- Bypass volume control switching
- The newly developed large-sized aluminum insulator combined with new vibration-proof material and high frictional coefficient (grip power) have been employed.
- Switchable RCA and XLR inputs. RCA parallel out
- Volume control is EMI shielded
- High-definition film capacitors are used
STAX was found in 1938. In 1959, STAX developed the world’s first electrostatic headphone and introduced SR-1 in 1960. Today STAX continues their tradition by offering the finest headphones for both professional and audiophile applications. STAX refers to all its headphones “EARSPEAKERS”; such Ultra-High Fidelity devices for reproducing music can only be compared with the best cost-no-object loudspeakers, not other headphones. The term ”EARSPEAKER” is, therefore, more descriptive of STAX’s contribution to today’s most advanced level of sonic transduction.