The joy of pure balance amplification
The operational principle of the electrostatic condenser type is based on a system whereby plus and minus output signals are input by push-pull into two electrodes sandwiching a diaphragm with a high level of accuracy and equidistantly, resulting in the vibration of an ultra-thin membrane through the repulsive force and suction force of static electricity, which is then converted into sound. The balance method, which is considered to be the ideal for amplification, is thus extended to speakers. The electrostatic system entails input by balance, output by balance, and sound conversion by balance, and, in realizing all these features, constitutes the perfect balance system. It is the only system that makes it possible to listen to sound in the ideal manner permitted by the balance system.
- We’ve taken another look at circuit constants and achieved a higher grade of reproducibility for SACD and other new-generation audio formats.
- Consists of a pure balance amplifier in which the XLR balance input does not have to pass through a transformer, an inversion amplifier, etc.
- Makes use of a simple two-stage amplification structure based on rigorously selected low-noise FET. The load resistance makes use of non-inductive coil resistance manufactured by Dale, thus realizing straightforward properties that take advantage of the features of vacuum tubes and outstanding sound quality with a high level of clarity.
- The output stage is designed to lower impedance by using a rigorously selected high voltage dual triode (6FQ7 type) in parallel connection, which has resulted in an improvement in dynamic range especially in the high frequency.
- The heater power source for the vacuum tube makes use of a power circuit of the DC ignition type using an electrolytic condenser and a high-speed Schottky barrier diode, bringing about further improvements in the SN ratio.
- Makes use of a large-capacity power transformer and capacitor.
- Equipped with one XLR (balance) input system and two RCA (imbalance) input systems, meaning that there is a total of three input systems.
- In the case of the RCA input, switching with the earth side ensures that there is almost no interference between devices.
- Use is made of a high sound quality quadruple volume unit which makes possible XLR input as well as all kinds of line level analog voice inputs.
- The RCA terminal “Input 1” is equipped with parallel output terminals and enables input throughout. Connection with other pre-amplifiers and recording decks, etc., is also possible.