In the complicated landscape of audio, many companies put stratospheric price tags on great performance. Our mission couldn’t be more different. Simply put, we offer the most performance for the money by finding the sweetest spot between price and diminishing returns. We’ve all been on the consumer side: music lovers, musicians, and audio enthusiasts looking for top-tier sound without breaking the bank.
Everything we do at Parasound is customer-centric because that’s how we define value. Most of our customers don’t have trust funds and have to work for their money — so we give them their money’s worth and then some. Every time another expert compares our product to equipment that costs three times as much, we have succeeded.
When we develop a new product we take the carpenter’s adage “measure twice, cut once” to the extreme. Each new model is tested, improved and re-tested under worst-case conditions. It comes to market only when it is a finished product that’s ready to stand the test of time. In fact, we don’t really know how long our amplifiers last because people write to thank us because the Parasound amp they purchased in the mid-’80s still works perfectly 30 years later.
Everything we do is customer-centric. Parasound was founded not just on engineering expertise, but also 15 years of experience in retail audio. It shows in how we value our customers, from our product development process to our pre- and after- sale support. It may be a cliché, but we treat our customers the way we would like to be treated by the people we purchase from. If a product ever does need service, we’re accessible. Our entire support team is located at our San Francisco headquarters. Call us — we’ll pick up. When you are a Parasound customer, we will keep you a satisfied Parasound customer.
We have no separate “pro” line, no products specially modified for the industry insiders. Still, a long list of companies like Pixar and Sony, for whom money is no object, choose Parasound. Each of our products has the same chance of going to your home as it does to Lucasfilm or Capitol Records.
When you choose Parasound you’re getting uncompromised quality for every model. They all use the best parts and each must pass our strictest quality assurance. We wouldn’t have it any other way.
- Burr-Brown PCM1798 DAC with USB, Optical and Coax inputs
- Coax and optical accept all sampling rates up to 192 kHz, 24-bit
- USB accepts up to 96 kHz, 24-bit
- Incoming jitter on all three digital inputs is significally attenuated with an effective clock recovery system
- Analog Bass management with high and low pass crossovers
- Home theater bypass input for surround sound integration
- Front panel subwoofer level control
- 5 RCA line level inputs
- 1 XLR balanced input (parallels Input 5 RCA jacks)
- Phono input for MM & MC cartridges with 100 Ohm or 47k Ohm load
- Front panel Aux input with automatic +12 dB gain stage
- Balanced XLR and RCA left and right outputs
- 1 balanced XLR and 2 RCA subwoofer outputs
- Bass & treble controls with defeat from remote or front panel
- Headphone jack with 10 ohm output impedance
- Rear panel IR input and IR loop output jacks
- 12 V output to trigger power amplifiers and other devices
- Automatic turn on with 12 V trigger or AC power
- Fixed level record output
- Premium motor-driven Alps potentiometer volume control
- Left/Right Balance control
- Remote control with discrete on/off power buttons
- 0.5w standby power consumption meets Energy Star spec
- Rack mounting adapter available (Model HRA 2 sold separately)
- Available in silver or black finish
- Parasound 5 year parts, 5 years labor warranty (USA only)