The MC-6 converts AES3, AES3id and S/P-DIF digital audio stereo signals whereas uni- and bidirectional conversion modes are available. All signals can be processed up to 192.0 kHz. Based on latest FPGA designs, the MC-6 achieves levels of performance regarding its sound and signal quality, unique flexibility, clocking features and the 4 channel sampling rate conversion engine (SRC), which are outstanding in today’s industry!
The enormous feature-set with various operation modes enables the use of the MC-6 in many studio applications. Generally, incoming digital audio signals are converted unidirectionally to all three audio formats simultaneously, with or without SRC functionality. If clock rate conversion is necessary, the SRC engine can be locked to Word Clock, AES11 (separate input available) and any digital audio input in both, uni- and bidirectional operation modes.
One of the unique features of the MC-6 is its capability to lock two digital audio stereo sources with different clock rates and to convert their audio formats and clock rates bidirectionally in realtime with help of the X-SRC mode. Therefore, the unit includes a 4 channel SRC engine as a standard, whereas two audiophil-optimized PLL synthesizers secure best sound quality in all operations modes.
- Interconnection of consumer and professional digital audio devices
- Audiophil clock recovery and signal regeneration
- Upsampling for improving the acoustical result of DA conversions
- Integration of non-synchronizable devices, like musical instruments,
- Realtime bidirectional signal transfers between sends/returns of digital mixing consoles and effect processors
- Uni- and bidirectional interconnection of computerbased sound cards with professional digital audio equipment
- Usable within small studio set-ups up to broadcast installations