Crescendo X Overview
Crescendo X is a luxury wireless speaker featuring Bluetooth®, AirPlay, and whole-home wireless streaming with DTS® Play-Fi® technology. Under the grill, the Crescendo X includes dual audiophile quality Folded Motion™ tweeters and a 5×7-inch mid/bass woofer for a deep, extended bass response. The Crescendo X is capable of reproducing sound with unflinching accuracy, resolution, and detail—the inspiration behind every MartinLogan design.
Our dedicated in-house design and engineering team created the ultimate table-top speaker system in a sleek, compact design without compromising sound quality. Taking a “no-compromise” approach, the Crescendo features premium construction and design elements not typically found in similar speakers.
MartinLogan has always blended Science with Art, and the Crescendo X is no exception. Designed to fit a modern decor, MartinLogan utilizes high-quality materials and finishes to give Crescendo X a furniture and artwork like appearance. The result is striking.
The dense cabinet enclosure, wrapped in either high-gloss piano black paint or real-wood walnut veneer, floats atop a sturdy aluminum stand and looks comfortably at home in any decor where aesthetics are as important as sound quality. A cleanly integrated, front mounted control panel allows quick access to power, input and volume controls.
For across the room control, Crescendo X includes a custom remote control built from black anodized extruded aluminum.
At the core of the Crescendo X is an advanced 24-bit 48kHz DSP (digital signal processing) based preamplifier in conjunction with a powerful class-D closed-loop 100-watt (140-watt peak) amplifier. Crescendo X’s amplifier creates powerfully detailed sound from a custom designed front-firing 5×7-inch matte black polypropylene cone woofer with extended throw drive assembly in a non-resonant asymmetrical chamber format. Low frequencies are seamlessly blended with two of MartinLogan’s high-performance Folded Motion™ tweeters for an astonishing, room filling experience.
The signature Folded Motion tweeters utilize extremely low mass diaphragms that “squeeze” air, and require significantly less excursion than the typical 1-inch dome tweeter, which drastically minimizes distortion while providing a lightning fast response time. The increased surface area also provides a wide, yet controlled sound dispersion to create a realistic and carefully etched sound stage.
Crescendo X is crafted with a solid MDF enclosure that strengthens and intensifies low-frequency bass performance while minimizing vibrations. To further enhance bass performance, Crescendo X features an optional subwoofer output via an analog RCA connection. This option, not typical of tabletop speaker systems, customizes the crossover between the Crescendo X and subwoofer to give true audiophiles the ability to supplement the low-frequency performance of their system.
Wireless Connectivity with DTS Play-Fi®
Crescendo X is part of MartinLogan’s Wireless Ensemble, utilizing DTS Play-Fi technology. Listeners have the freedom and flexibility to stream their high-resolution music (up to 24- bit/192kHz) wirelessly over an existing Wi-Fi network to any number of connected speakers that utilize DTS Play-Fi technology once paired with the Play-Fi App. Unlike many wireless platforms, DTS Play-Fi is an open platform, meaning listeners are able to mix and match any DTS Play-Fi-enabled audio products from a selection of top audio brands. Listeners can take advantage of endless choices, from their own music libraries to online music streaming services*, and they can stream their music from virtually any device – Android, iOS, Kindle Fire or PC.
* Some of the music services listed below may not be available in your region. All logos are property of their respective owner(s).
Seven input methods allow for connection of virtually any device:
- DTS Play-Fi – via the DTS-Play Fi app, stream audio from capable devices over a Wi-Fi network (iOS, Android, PC or Kindle Fire)
- AirPlay – connect AirPlay capable devices wirelessly (iPhone, iPad, iPod, or a computer with iTunes) to stream audio.
- Bluetooth – connect Bluetooth capable devices wirelessly to stream audio. Bluetooth V4.0 supports SBC, MP3, AAC, and apt-X®.
- Wired Ethernet – audio information can be sent over a LAN to the Crescendo using various protocols (such as AirPlay or DLNA)
- USB – connect compatible Apple devices and use the Crescendo as an audio dock and charger. The USB connection was designed to rapidly charge a variety of devices.
- Analog – any device that has an analog audio output can connect to the auxiliary analog input via a 3.5mm headphone style jack.
- Optical digital – any device that has a digital optical output can connect to the auxiliary digital input with the included mini-Toslink optical adapter (analog and digital connections share the same input).