MER INFORMATION HÄR
In our thirtieth anniversary year, dCS is looking back at its legacy, celebrating our tradition of unrivalled excellence, and pointing to the future by developing a limited edition Vivaldi One digital playback system.
Pushing the boundaries of what is possible with digital replay Vivaldi One is a single box CD/SACD and Network Player that supports music from any digital source via USB, AES, S/PDIF inputs in addition to streaming audio via its network input. An integral CD/SACD mechanism is used for CD/SACD playback.
At the core of Vivaldi One is the dCS digital processing platform, a high performance network streaming section and the latest generation dCS Ring DAC™.
The dCS Ring DAC™ is a unique digital converter that combines exceptional linearity with high speed operation enabling it to deliver true 24-bit performance even at low signal levels. The latest generation Ring DAC™ incorporates a number of advances that have resulted in enhanced dynamic range, reduced jitter, improved channel separation and greatly improved musical realism.
The digital processing platform in Vivaldi One is based around Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA), Digital Signal Processing (DSP) and a microcontroller system. Using the same platform as our flagship Vivaldi series, Vivaldi One is current state-of-the-art, delivering unmatched sonic and measured performance.
The multi-stage Phase-Locked-Loop (PLL) system sets world-beating standards for accuracy and control of jitter from the incoming audio stream. Vivaldi One also supports the dCS auto clocking architecture which is simple to set up, minimises jitter and improves sound quality.
For CD/SACD playback Vivaldi One uses the TEAC Esoteric VRDS Neo™ mechanism which employs super-rigid construction and a brushless motor with heavy flywheel for stable disc rotation. CD data can be upsampled to DXD or DSD 64/128, extracting revelatory detail from both CD and SACD.
Vivaldi One’s network capability and control app lets listeners manage their playback from any source in an elegantly simple way. It features built-in Roon Ready, TIDAL, Apple Airplay and Spotify Connect functionality. Streaming audio is unparalleled in terms of processing power and jitter performance, and currently runs at up to 24-bit, 384kS/s and DSD128, supporting all major lossless codecs (including MQA), plus DSD in DoP format and native DSD.
Designed and made in Great Britain with sperlative, cost-no-object quality and finish. Vivaldi One’s elegant chassis uses aerospace-grade machined aluminium with internal acoustic damping panels to reduce sound-degrading mechanical vibration and magnetic effects.
Vivaldi One firmware is easily updated via CD, USB or online. This lets dCS add new features and improve system performance over its lifetime.
When listening to music through a Vivaldi One, listeners are immediately struck by its natural musicality and faithfulness to the original recording. It delivers a powerful and visceral sound yet is highly transparent, making for a musical experience of breath-taking clarity and emotional intensity.
- Latest generation dCS Digital Processing Platform delivers state-of- the-art measured performance.
- dCS Ring DAC™ with double speed Ring DAC 2.0 mapper – as used in flagship Vivaldi DAC.
- Digital inputs support UPnP, asynchronous USB, Roon Ready and Apple AirPlay plus AES, S/PDIF and SDIF-2 digital audio streams.
- treaming services supported include Tidal and Spotify Connect.
- Integral TEAC Esoteric VMK3 VRDS-Neo CD/SACD mechanism.
- Multi-stage DXD oversampling with optional DSD/64 or DSD/128 upsampling.
- User-selectable DSP and DSD filters.
- Flexible output configuration can be used with and without pre amplifier
- Comprehensive auto-clocking architecture improves ease of use and minimises jitter.
- Multi-stage power regulation and twin mains transformers isolate sensitive analogue and clock circuits from digital circuitry.
- Separate power supplies for digital and analogue sections further enhance power supply cleanness.
- Firmware upgradeable over the internet for future functionality and performance improvements.
- Features a full MQA™ decoder. This MQA™ implementation is unique, as it is the first opportunity to enable a DAC which, by providing exact rendering to beyond 16x (768 kHz), matches the desired temporal response with very low modulation noise.
- Aerospace grade machined aluminium chassis fitted with tuned acoustic damping panels reduces magnetic effects and vibration.